Monday, February 23, 2009

Perfect Moment Monday brought to you by Mr.Crankypants

Our youngest son, the 11 y/o, has been Mr.Crankypants, disagreeable and short tempered, very much not his usual upbeat and sunny self.

I asked him if he liked being part of our family. (He has been exasperated with all of us, so I was unsure what to expect.)
S. said, "Yes, it would be too hard to get used to another family's habits."

This reason made me smile, "...another family's habits" indeed. No "I would miss you, Dad, and brother", no missing the pets, our home, it was our "habits"! Another routine or lifestyle would just be too much for him to cope. So, even though he is frustrated with us as only an eleven y/o can be, he's sticking with us.

Thank you and for more Perfect Moments, please visit Lori.

20 comments:

Kami said...

That is one practical kid. :)

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Claire said...

Ha! So true though, right? It would just be too much work to acclimate to another family, so might as well stick with the one you have. I suppose we all think that at one time or another :)

Bluebird said...

You're brave for asking! But I like the answer you received :) Yes, it could have been a little more sappy, but it could have been worse!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Sounds like your family must have pretty good habits.

Too funny!

Unknown said...

the devil you know is always better than the devil you don't ;). what an absolutely adorable thing to remind him that he said at... oh, i don't know... maybe his rehearsal dinner? ... hope you have a great week!!!!

areyoukiddingme said...

That's what I say about marriage - I love my husband and all, but if he were gone, there's no way I'm going to put up with some other guy's bad habits. It's a one time deal for me - much like your son's view on family. I have to say, though, he's in for a rough ride if he has to have roommates in college or after, and if he wants to get married! Thanks for sharing the story.

Tara Bennett said...

LOL. I think he is wise beyond his years!

Mrs. Spit said...

Very sensible boy, just like his mum.

Heather said...

Love it! I always tell my husband we're the only two people that would put up with each other!

Momma Val said...

Ha! Funny little guy. Wonder if his hormones are changing or something? My sister's boy was so sweet til he started getting hair in odd places and "changing" then he was very edgy and annoyed all the time. I am very happy that I just have little moody 2 year old issues to deal with, minus the tantrums though :)

MuseSwings said...

Mr. Crankypants has zeroed in on the very secret and essence of life. It isn't about love at all - it's about who's s%#* are you willing to put up with for the rest of your life. Brilliant child. Cranky, but brilliant.

Raggedy Ann said...

Ah Martha! Give the guy a break! He is so right. Who would want to have to deal with new routines? One smart boy you have there.

Luv,
RA

John Deere Mom said...

Hee hee. I have a classroom full of Mr. Crankypants...I think spring fever has hit!

Kim said...

that is so cute and true and typical boy - better the habits you know then the ones you don't

sara said...

It sounds like a very reasonable plan to me. Sounds like you raised a kid who thinks through things, LOL! I agree with Bluebird...I think it's awesome you asked! What a cool mom you'd be :-)

sara said...

When Brynn writes on the walls I'm just going to send her to you, right? You know how you said she might eventually? That's when I put her on a plane out west, right?

sara said...

If we're ever out near you guys we'll actually see if you want to meet for dinner as silly as that sounds...if you don't mind :-)

sara said...

Thanks for the help with the breastmilk....I'm trying to stockpile now while we're not quite at top demand if you know what I mean.

Bramblemoon Farm said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA That's exactly something my son would have said when he was 11. Wait a minute, he's 14 now and would probably STILL say that!

MrsSpock said...

Don't worry- they'll start needing you again in their 20s and 30s.