Eleven years ago today, we welcomed our second son into the world. Sometimes I look at him and I can't believe he's mine. I then realize, he's not mine, he is so much his own person. A kind, compassionate, smart, funny, and talented young man, a loving son, brother, and friend. I am so proud of him and thankful he is part of our family. He makes me laugh when he practices the piano "in the buff" and whistles while he does his homework. He answers most questions with the answer, "Good".
"How was school today?" "Good."
"How was soccer practice?" "Good."
"How are you doing after wiping out on the bike ramp?" "Good."
He pronounces "Hotel" like "Ho-Towel" and loves tortilla chips with cream cheese. He always ends up wearing his condiments, especially after eating ketchup.
His dad and I love him more each day. His older brother too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










17 comments:
What a lovely ode to your son! He sounds like a typical 11 year old :) I especially love how he says hotel, at our house it is a "Hoe and Tell".
happy birthday to your son and congrats to you!!! hope his year is every bit as "good"!!!!!
Sounds like you are one lucky mom! Happy Birthday to your boy.
Happy Birthday Martha's son!
I think we should all aim for answering most questions with "good".
Lovely tribute.
xxx
Hau`oli Lā Hānau, son to Martha :)
Your adoration of him shines through.
Happy 11th birthday, Martha's Son!
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA I've had many conversations like that with my boys:) Isn't it amazing how they were like a toddler yesterday?
Yeah...about that practicing the piano in the buff thing...just break him of that by the time he's a father-in-law to some poor girl. Because, well? My sister's father in law STILL practices piano in the buff. And it AIN'T pretty. And he gets all offended that my sister has a problem with it.
But that wasn't really the point of this post, was it? Sounds like your son is a great kid! Happy birthday to him!
Happy Birthday to your son! He sounds like an amazing young man.
Take care!
Oh. How sweet! Happy Birthday!!!
The nature vs. nurture piece in children is something I will never really understand..but I DO know that his the very best reflection of you two.
Well Done - raising a good boy - quickly evolving into a good man.
xoxo
Happy Birthday to your youngest son. I'm glad he is good and hope life stays that way. Enjoy!
Awwwww! That is so sweet. Never imagined a boy that age would want to be practicing anything in the buff. Funny! Makes me look forward to mine growing too :)
Woops! Happy Birthday to him!!!
Happy birthday to your son! He sounds absolutely fantastic! And he has a great Mom, so why wouldn't he be great too!
Awww, what a nice tribute to your boy. I love the little endearing details. He sounds like quite a guy.
I loved your reflection, "sometimes I look at him and I can't believe he's mind. I then realize, he's not mine, he is so much his own person."
I say the "I cannot believe these are my girls" but I'm wrong, they are very much their own people.
Thanks for the insight.
Kelly D (twinpeas.com/wordpress)
Post a Comment