Friday, July 3, 2009

The Pay It Forward Giveaway

(Please double click for a closer view.)

Welcome to The Pay It Forward Giveaway! I'm going on vacation to Oregon for a week so I wanted to give you something to look forward to for when I return. I mean besides my witty posts and comments of course. (Thank you to Chicken Nuggets of Wisdom for this excellent idea btw. I <3 CNOW, she always makes me feel like a Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner! Especially with her fabulous Vacation giveaways.)

I have been so, so fortunate in the giveaways I've entered lately that I definitely have a karmic debt to pay my dear bloggy friends. Either that or I should have hubby take me to Vegas. So without further ado:

The Prize Winner will Receive these goodies:

Nature's Gate Lemongrass and Clary Sage Body Lotion

Beaded women's bracelet with tiger's eye, turquoise and crystal. Bracelet will fit average to large women's wrist.

Tinkerbell Mug

Mickey The Earth Hugger Tote

Flowery paper mouse pad with tear off sheets

A suprise something or two from my hometown and/or my travels.

The Fine Print:

1. Please leave a comment telling me how you nuture yourself. Please make sure to leave a way to get in touch with you.

Additional Entries:

2. A comment about a kindness you performed or was performed for you.

3. A comment acknowledging another blogger or friend and you will win this prize and your nominee will get a special prize too.

4. If you've ever given me an award or tagged me for a Meme. (Especially if I haven't posted it yet, ack, so sorry, mea culpa.)

5. If I have ever entered or won a giveaway hosted by you.

6. Anything else? I call this blogger's choice, just please leave separate comments for each entry. (Or is it seperate? Any English Teachers or Grammarians in the house??) This can be something from if we have ever talked on the phone or exchanged snail mail to whatever you think applies.

The giveaway will conclude at 12 Midnight PST on July 12, 2009.
It is open Worldwide, if you have an address and want to win, then please enter.
The Winner will be chosen by Random.org which uses space noise or solar wind or something really cool to pick random numbers.
Thank you so much.

54 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nurture myself...umm....I get acupuncture. Does that count?

Anonymous said...

Something I do for others is send out Spirit Jumper packages.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I'm in!

I did yoga this morning outdoors in the mountains.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I think you won a giveaway on All Thumbs, right? Hope it was delivered to you!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I'm thinking these days about Luna, a new mom.

She visited my children and me last summer and allowed Tessa to go through her purse and play with her cell phone. That was kind.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Oh! I should also say I hope you have a wonderful trip! And safe.

Cara said...

I nurture myself by carving out my cardio / yoga / writing time. I feel GREAT after I have completed a workout or an essay.

Cara said...

I attended a funeral this morning for a mom and dad who lost their baby at 8 months gestation. Seeing the glazed looks in their eyes focus for a second when I said I've lived it, made it all worthwhile.

Cara said...

I would be remiss not to mention my good bloggy friend Brenna, who has suffered the hellish loss of her boys, and is currently living a stressful pregnancy.

Cara said...

Um...Martha...I can't count the awards / tags I've sent your way. Of course, I'm sure you've done them all :)

Cara said...

If memory serves me correctly...YOU won the first ever giveaway from Share Southern Vermont!!!

Cara said...

Oh --- Enjoy your vacation to the fullest. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Martha said...

Oh how cool! I love this giveaway! And there's beads! I just said I wanted beads in your Color Carnival entry, LOL! I wanna win!

Let's see, to nurture myself - I workout daily, eats tons of veggies and I give myself a nice manicure, pedicure, facial and deep conditioning hair treatment every Sunday.

Martha said...

A kindness - I volunteer for The Salvation Army and I take care of my elderly mother. I try to randomly bring little gifts to my friends and family now and then without a special occasion - just because I love them.

I have had so many blessings and kind gestures sent my way that I wouldn't know where to start!

Martha said...

I nominate and acknowledge my friend Phin (http://geminiwilder.blogspot.com/)
She is a beautiful person and has been through some real tough times. I've know her since my first blogging days probably close to 10 years ago now. We've never met in person, but that doesn't matter. I love her as if we grew up together.

Martha said...

Sorry, haven't tagged you for an award, not that I haven't wanted to - I just decided to offer any awards I get to all by bloggin' buddies. I can't stand the thought of anyone's feelings being hurt by not being chosen to receive the award.

Martha said...

I have never hosted a giveaway but I have won a few, I'm pretty lucky when I enter. For awhile there I was so lucky that I stopped entering to give others a chance, LOL!

Have a great weekend and a safe trip Martha :-)

Wehaf said...

I sleep in on the weekends. It might not seem like a big thing, but it definitely is!

urchiken at gmail dot com

Wehaf said...

One summer I was away from home at an internship, and I hated it. My boyfriend sent me a care package that included my favorite blanket - it was so awesome to get a piece of home, and to know that he knew exactly what I needed.

urchiken at gmail dot com

Wehaf said...

The blogger I'd like to mention is Tiruba from tubaville.wordpress.com. She is an amazing mom to 3 special needs kids adopted from the foster care system; she gives so much it is amazing!

urchiken at gmail dot com

Wehaf said...

For the blogger's choice entry, how about a stupid joke?

Q: What do you call a lazy baby kangaroo?

A: a pouch potato!

urchiken at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

It's nice of you to do a giveaway. Good luck to all of the entries.

Heather said...

I nuture myself by getting my hair color touched up regularly. Seeing my hair stylist is like having a visit with an old friend.

Heather said...

We did a good deed this week by helping a girl who had gotten stranded call her mom to come pick her up when their was a thunderstorm outside. Here's the whole story. We came home from the hospital the other night and there was a girl sitting at the bottom of our neighborhood and it was beginning to rain. I finished pumping (the joys of having babies in the NICU) and the girl came to our door and asked to use the phone. We brought her inside and had her call home to her mother, I gave her directions to our house and had her stay in the house until she came to get her. It turns out a "friend" she's known for a long time and her were out and had a fight in the car. He kicked her out and broke her cell phone and left her stranded. DH and I had a conversation with her about how unforgiveable that was, as not everyone's house she might go to for help might not have nice people inside. Her house was only 15 minutes away and her mom came and took her home. Poor kid.

Heather said...

The NICU nurses have done lots of nice things for us over the 5 weeks that our boys have been there. They are super helpful in navigating the highs and lows of having babies there and what to expect.

Barbara said...

Ooh me me me!

Um... nurturing? does eating chocolate count?

How about allowing myself to just be?

xxx

Barbara said...

A kindness.

The French lady who picked me up from the floor of the shopping centre in Nice where I had just learned of my Aunts death from my distraught mother on my cell phone, took me for a coffee, held my hand and listened to me snivelling in bad French until I was calm.

xxx

Barbara said...

Can I nominate Seraphim over at "Oh the possibilities" for making and giving beautiful photographs of our lost babies names written on petals?

xxx

John Deere Mom said...

How exciting! I nurture myself my taking a day off during the summer with no kids to re-energize! :)

John Deere Mom said...

A kindness performed? I ran, yes RAN out of Wal-Mart to stop a lady who left her detergent on the register! :)

Martha said...

What a great give away.

I nuture myself my getting regular pedicures, that is one thing that I love!

Martha said...

A kindness I have done... I try to be kind all of the time.. let's see, yesterday I prepared dinner for my niece and her family yesterday. It was my mom' birthday too. My niece was camping (tent camping) so they had been eating your basic camping fare. I made a nice lasagne, fresh bread, dessert, fresh fruit & veggies!

Kim said...

What a lovely idea - wish I thought of it. I nurture myself by taking time for myself, scheduling semi regular days at the spa and indulging my book fetish. Have a great vacation.

Kim said...

What do I do for others - besides volunteer with the fire department and girl scouts - I cook special dinners, cookies, what have you and deliver them just because.

Soralis said...

Nurture myself... hmm, hide in the bathroom away from the craziness and play a game on my iphone (I know how sad, but it's a moment of peace in a chaotic house! :) )

As for kindness. I love to smile at other people and say hello, just try to pass some friendliness around

Enjoy your vacation I will miss your posts! :)

Randi Troxell said...

great giveaway!! have fun on your trip... and i LOOOOOOOOOVE your new layout!!!!!!!!!

Sunny said...

So nice! (And I love the new blog look.)

To nurture myself... has to be reading trashy novels before bed. I know that doesn't sound very nuturing, but I love the little escape it gives me. It lets my mind rest and get swept away in loooove and adventure, I love it.

Sunny said...

I was the recipient of an act of kindness from a strange a while back. She was in front of my at the Starbuck's drive thru, and she paid for my drink! The cashier said she did it to be nice and because she was sorry her drink took so long to make. It was very thoughtful!

Sunny said...

I nominate Michelle at http://tobabyandbeyond.blogspot.com.

As if 8 years of IF weren't bad enough, she recently lost her job while trying to save for IVF. I am sending her good vibes for a fabulous paying gig (with IF coverage, no less!) very soon.

sara said...

just saying hi. hope u had a great 4th!

The Rambler said...

1.Mmmm, nuture myself.

Does passing out when I get home count at night? :)

Alright...and my monthly girls night out...(thank you hubby for being so kind)

2. Kindess for me. One of my bartenders after a really long hard busy shift texted me later in the evening that "I rocked. Thanks for all the help boss". That made me feel good.

3. If I say YOU Martha does that count? Because seriously, you've been around for awhile now and you are such a fun, supportive blogger pal for both me and my sis!

4. Haven't done them in a while that I remember being tagged by you. And maybe tagging you back with that 7 or 8 thing? Right?

5. Didn't you win something from my sis? Does that count :)

6. Damn. I've been reading each question, then commenting. It's ok. This was fun anyway.

Can you tell I don't follow directions well? :)

xoxo

Kim said...

Hey, I love the new look!

sara said...

Nuture myself? Hmmm a warm bath and some starbucks iced coffee? ((Hugs))

Shannon said...

Great giveaway!

Hmmm... how do I nurture myself? I do sensory deprivation floating, although I see that as more wellness than nurturing. I also crochet, which definitely feels like nurturing.

And I think I tagged you in a meme. If I didn't, then I meant to!

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

Hi there! I love to get a good pedicure. Bright toenail polish always makes me feel great!

MaricrisG said...

You are such a good person and very generous too. Now since you're having a giveaway, I'll go ahead & join in the fun!

1) I nurture my inner self by focusing on the positive aspects of my crazy life rather than the bad. It's hard sometimes but it has pulled me through so many tough times.

MaricrisG said...

cont.

2)2)Kindness given to me & my family was when someone generously gifted us with a monetary gift during my "dark low days" during the holidays last year. I'll always cherish my secret santa!

MaricrisG said...

cont.

3) Honestly w/o any hint of favoritism? - a) Bloggy friend : You!
Always there to comment on my post in spite of my lack of reciprocation. I really appreciate you.

b)non-bloggy friend: Diane - she has always been a great friend through thick and thin.

Thank you Martha!

Anonymous said...

How do I nurture myself?
Lets see......
I give myself chocolate as often as needed. LOL

Anonymous said...

A kindness I performed:

I was at the grocery store and this lady was in a wheelchair and by herself, I offered to take her groceries to her car and load them for her, she was so dsurprised by my kindness.

Anonymous said...

I nominate my friend Christy who is a IRL friend and blogger, trying to lose weight and has great self commitment! Her blog is at http://www.followthefatgirl.com

Anonymous said...

You have entered my giveaways!

MIITB said...

I nurture myself by taking at least one hour long shower or bath a week.

The Silver Age Sara said...

I'm too late to enter but I wanted to say what a terrific idea. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving me such a beautiful comment.