Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sillouette at the Swim Meet for Shadow Shot Sunday



This picture was taken a few weeks ago at our Community Swim Team Championships. It was easily one of the hottest and longest days of the summer at 107 F. I am intrigued and of course I did not plan to shoot the sillouette of the person in the bottom right hand of the photo. A most happy unintended result indeed. Thank you for your visit and also to Hey Harriet for hosting Shadow Shot Sunday.

17 comments:

Sunny said...

Fun fun! What a cool shot. :) I'm remembering those hot days, ugh...

Anonymous said...

Haha!

Sylvia K said...

Great shadow shot! And, yes, I remember those hot days, too! But now I live in Seattle and don't have to deal with them at all! Hooray!

Happy SSS!

Sylvia

Hey Harriet said...

Whoa! 107F sounds HOT! Great shot. The shadowy figure in the corner adds an extra sense of fun!

Momma Val said...

Ha! Cool! But the silhouette kinda looks like a cartoon character? Maybe I'm looking at it wrong? Love the trees too!

A Wild Thing said...

So many surprises in so many shadow shots...we are addicted you know...

Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely shot, i can feel the heat of that scene from here...

Stephanie said...

Very cool!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

We thought the person at the bottom was a fun bonus, too!
Happy SSS!
Karla & Karrie

Martha Z said...

That makes a great shadow shot.

Anonymous said...

Yes, sooooo oh hot! thank goodness for new ac's and cars with Frost selection buttons.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the unexpected happens when we point and shoot! Kewl shadows ... hope it's cooler for you now.
Hugs and blessings,

strokeofliving said...

Very cool photo, I like obscure photo shots too.

Martha said...

Nice shadow shot! I just realized today that I don't have one single photo meme on the front page of my blog - that's really unusual since I was so hooked! For a while there I didn't post anything but photo memes. I do tend to go in cycles - I'm on the foodie kick now. Guess that's why I named my blog Menagerie! Have a great week Martha :-)

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Summer afternoon—
the sidewalk’s brushed with shadows,
dark, cool, and soothing.

My Shadow Shots

Chubby Chieque said...

What a magical summer day!

Chilling out is the best way of this hot summer day.

Have fun.
/R

MrsSpock said...

107! Ick!