Our son's bike got stolen from our side yard over the weekend.
It sucks, I'm pissed.
I hate how it makes me feel about my home and community.
It makes me sad that my son has to experience this.
I hate that there are opportunistic scumbags who would do this.
Not only took the bike, but the helmut and bike lock too.
I laid in bed last night wondering how the bike was doing and if it missed its' boy.
We can get another bike for him, but something else was lost that we can't replace so easily. That feeling of security, of respect.
That's what really stings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










18 comments:
Yikes! I kow how you feel, I felt so violated when someone stole my camera out of my car. So sorry..
My bike got stolen out of our gangway (i.e. the space between houses, which was about 15-20 feet wide) when I was a kid. It did suck. Fortunately, it was probably more distressing to my parents than me, because I just started riding a different bike and went on with my life.
I'm sorry some jerk has invaded your castle. It's supposed to be peaceful and happy there. You shouldn't have to worry about people taking your stuff.
Like Morrisa said, it's the feeling of violation that it hard to get over.
And like you, I am the type who considers the bikes and toys as extensions of my kids, and would thus worry about them.
{{{Martha}}}
Oh no. So sorry Martha! We have a really bad bike theft problem in our subdivision. I think it was a kid in your case. Probably, a kid whose parents can't afford it? Let's hope that is the case, not some dirtbag adult that wants to sell it for a hit of something? I feel your pain. The first year we moved here, somebody stole my husbands scuzzy trashed tennis shoes from the front of our house. We felt weird about it for months. The weird thing is that they were like the "mowing the lawn" shoes, all dirty and worn out. AND what made us kinda laugh is that we laid them upside down in front in the sun so the dog poo that my husband had stepped in would dry so we could scrape it out. That thief got more than they bargained for :) Hugs to you. I would report it to the police. They often get all kinds of stolen items at the PD that end up getting sold at auction. ALSO, keep a watchful eye out in your hood at the kids on bikes. So sorry :(
I LOATHE when shit like that happens.
Our car got broken into in December.. And it's so violating, and angering... And I feel like I've been robbed of the opportunity to say something to the person, you know? Get all the details, and give them MINE.
Expletives included.
Sorry he has to go through that, too. :/
Oh, I'm sorry. That's such a wretched feeling.
That is scary. And very sad for your son. And even sadder that there are sick people out there that stoop to such levels.
Oh, I'm so sorry! Our house was broken into a few years back...and I never felt as sick. It's the worst feeling ever....but it does go away with time. Unfortunately with our current economy, we are bound to see more crime.
That bites. I thought we lived in Nirvana.
It is a weird feeling when something happens like that. I'm sorry it had to happen to you (and your son!)
Hey Martha,
I've got a 'green' award for you at my place. The code is at the very bottom of the post...
-Carey
bikes are stolen so often, and it sucks. When mine was stolen, I looked around for it for weeks.
It is possible someone from outside the community came in, right? So sorry!
That's terrible. It's amazing the things you see and hear about going on anymore... I am so sorry for you guys to have to feel that way about your home and security. I hope that it doesn't happen again! =(
this would piss me off and sadden me also... maybe it will still show up.
So many people are used to 'hand outs' these days, if they don't get what they want.....they simply 'take it'.
That does suck. I hope the stealer falls and skins his knees. :)
What crumbums!
How awful. It is so sad that your son has to experience this... it's like a little bit of innocence was taken away too.
Post a Comment