
I enjoy photography and consider my strength to be composition and sheer luck like in this beautiful pink sunset next to the Lombardy pines.

This sillouette of a guard dog in training also was a lucky stroke of the shutter. (No, my dog will not be playing with you today!)

Decoupage is very rewarding and I have been doing it since I was a little girl with my Mom. I bought this adorable small trunk for storage for my powder room. However, it had a hideous Sunflower design on it which I covered and applied vintage postcards, gold leaf, and accented the trim with paint and fleur de lis. Tres facile!

I love to garden and I am so lucky to live in Southern California with its Mediterrean climate in which so much grows so easily! We are in a long term drought and I was happy to exchange my water thirsty strip of grass for this rock and periennial flower garden I designed and installed myself.

Baking is another love of mine and I think it has to do with the fact I LOVE TO EAT The END Results!!! This strawberry whipped cream cake was made for a friend's son's graduation party.

I have recently discovered the joys of jewelry making and here are a couple pieces I made for some dear friends.
I call this a Goddess style necklace and it has the anniversary month and birthstones of my friend, her spouse, and their children.

Here is a birthstone and anniversary month bracelet with a charm that reads, "You Are My Special Angel".

I love embellishing, reusing, and repurposing jewelry including these three single earrings in a bag of beads from the thrift store.
Before:

After:

Chain belts are a personal favorite and I embellished both this silver chain belt from the thrift store and an old pearl belt of mine. I used ribbon and old and new beads and charms for the chain belt and jade beads and a vintage button to dress up the pearl belt.
Before:

After:

I am blessed with a very artistic and musical family, both the one I was raised in and now my own family with my husband and our two sons who both inspire and support my creativity. My sincere thanks to them and to you for stopping by my little booth at The Country Fair. As a special Thank you to all my dear Bloggy friends, I would like to Giveaway Your Choice of Either a bracelet or a Pair of Earrings Custom Made Just For You! To enter, please just leave a comment telling me you would like a chance to win. That's all and please leave an email or link to get in touch with you. This giveaway will end at 12 MN Pacific Time October 12, 2009. Tax, tag, title not included. (Kidding, just wanted to see if you're paying attention.) Thank you again, my best for a wonderful day and week too.










27 comments:
You are so talented!
Oh. . .
Me, me.
But. . .
I have Martha Jewelery already
(sad face for not getting more).
i love that trunk you did! so nice and vintage looking!
and what a fun post this was... loved it!!!
I do love your jewelry! (And I'm sure, given a bite, I would love your desserts, too.) :) A pair of earrings sounds devine. I'm feeling like quite the fatty lately -- I know, I know, I'm pregnant and I'm supposed to get fat! -- but a cute new accessory could certainly perk me up.
YOU RAWWWKK! you know I love jewelry too but you should really teach me how to do decoupage! Please please! lol
this was a cute entry featuring your talents; and what a talented person you are! very wise to do a rock garden in Southern California
great giveaway too! I would think a bracelet would be nice :)
betty
You are so creative - I love all of your crafts especially that beautiful necklace that you made for me (and the earings). The picture I have on FB has made people take notice of the earings. They are famous in these parts now.
Oh I soooo need some earrings!!
You are so talented!
I was never blessed with being artsy.
The cake just looks so scrumptous! And the necklaces are so beautifully crafts.
What a great job you've done! The jewelry is fantastic, and the cake looks good enough to eat... I bet it was, too!
Okay you so got me with tag/title tax not include. I was like, what ? I'm not entering but!!! I am ... I love bracelets and earrings. beth@socialclimbers.net
xoxo
SC
wow..u hv got lovely bracelets..
You are so creative! And could you please send cake? Although strawberry cream cake probably tastes better fresh...
And since I am already a winner, I will not be entering the giveaway.
I'm MOST impressed by the trunk -- wow! And you can even spell decoupage!
Enter me. Pick ME. I love your jewelry work. Loverly.
Wow. You are one multitalented and creative girl. Seriously I'm in awe of all of your different pursuits. I love that box too! I would be honored to win one of your bracelets so I will put my name in the hat for that.
thanks for stopping by my blog on my special sits day, and for your comments.
Did you enter either of my two giveaways?
the buzz,
Brandy cute cute jewelry
You are so so talented!! Wow!
This is awesome! I feel like I just got to know so much more about you.
And - it's kinda like Show and Tell, so perhaps I can two for one my typical post today!!
Wow, you are so awesome and talented. I knew about your photography and gardening but not the other things. I would love some jewelry! Maybe this winter I'll try some reusing jewelry. That looks like a lot of fun!
Wow!
I don't know where to start. First thanks for taking time to enter my bloggy fair. I can not believe how multi talented you are!
The pictures of the pines is fantastic. They are so unusual. I have not seen anything like them before.
I love to bake, too. Well, and eat it sometimes... most of the time.
My oldest daughter has recently taken up jewelry making as well as you say, now what was that word you used?... repurposing, maybe? jewelry. We are all being blessed by her interests.
I would love to be entered in your drawing and want to say a great big Art's chili Pepper thank you for the giveaway! That was so super sweet of you. I can not say enough, "I love the world of blog".
Would you, or have you, done a post about decoupage? It is a look I love and I am often redoing old furniture to keep our house moving on a budget. This is something I would love to do. I don't have an eye for it myself as to what would look good and what would not but I am good at following directions and getting things to come out reasonably decent.
Kat
What an awesome job redoing that trunck! Good job!
Nana
I am in awe of your creativity!
You are very talented with your jewelry! I wouldnt mind owning one of those unique pieces!
I loved the pictures, especially the trunk, I love giving furniture new life!
I am so A.D.D that i try many crafts, jewelry stamping, mod podge, sewing, photography, painting...you name it, I probably have the materials to do it, by all means that doesn't make me an expert, just fun to play with the kids. =) I liked that jewelry embellished lamp, i think that was something i was gonna try soon. =)
Oh, I must say bracelets are now my thing due to pierced ears closing up. =)
Your jewelry is so delicate and unique. I'd love to win either a bracelet or earrings, they are my 2 fav forms of jewelry.
Wow, I would love to win.
Your jewelry is so beautiful but I would love to win the cake :-) Yummy.
We are going to have to change your user name to Multi-talented Martha! Great stuff! :-)
Post a Comment