Here are pictures of our puppy, Charley during snake avoidance class a couple weeks ago. There are two rattlesnakes complete with venom in 3 wire cages on a field. Charley has an electroshock collar on and the one trainer applies an electroshock if the dog shows any interest in the sight, sound, or smell of the snakes. I'm glad we did this for our pup as we love nature and live in Rattlesnake country.
Thanks so much for stopping by, wishing the best to you and your family including the trainable ones!










14 comments:
Before I started scrolling down to read/pictures, I thought it was a class on human snake avoidance :-) Have you ever seen one in the wild?
What an interesting class! I never thought of that before. :0)
My brother came across a baby rattler in his backyard and got bit by it while doing yardwork. Perhaps humans need a snake avoidance class too?
This is something I never would have thought of where we live. Such a good idea though. Thank you so much for being such a wonderful support to me, your comments always bring a smile to my face. Also, thanks for explaining what the 24 hour test was for.
Your pup is so cute!
Last day of ICLW. Cute puppy!
My first time hearing of this, too.
I guess I'm and old dog and I guess you taught me something new!
Love the pictures.
Cute doggy.
ICLW.
That's a pretty good idea for a class. I've never heard of anything like that before. You're dog is cute too.
Oh my, that is creepy.
good idea... but my heart was pounding at the thought of a rattlesnake. SCARY! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
Martha - your doggie is not only really cute - but gorgeous as well. They are such a beautiful dog ( I know it sounds weird to distinguish between cute and beautiful when it comes to dogs - but you know what I mean, right?) Your's is both! I think it's such a great idea for a class - especially if you are in an area with snakes - anything to keep the furry family members safe is a good thing :-)
Thanks so much again for offering the shower - you are so kind! I won't buy everything I promise - but just knowing you care is enough...you don't have to get me anything. Your kind words have made this so much easier already - and that's the best for me! ((hugs))
I saw your comment on Jenn's blog and being the blog hopper that I am, I checked yours out. :P I had to ask, is that a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier? My in-laws have one and they are the COOLEST dogs! I can't imagine living with rattlesnakes nearby, I hate snakes!
oh not very nice, but so very necessary, rather a short shock now than a nasty bite later.
The puppy looks cute by the way!!
An ICLW visitor!
THAT IS SO COOL. I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS SUCH A THING!!
Post a Comment