Here are two pictures of butterfly visitors to my backyard which are enjoying a snack. The yellow one is a Swallowtail and not sure what the orange butterfly is called. You can see their long tongue drinking nectar if you double click the photo to enlarge. My garden has agapanthus, jasmine, and lilies which attract hummingbirds and butterflies. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoy, best to you and your loved ones.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Show and Tell - Butterfly visitors to our back yard
Here are two pictures of butterfly visitors to my backyard which are enjoying a snack. The yellow one is a Swallowtail and not sure what the orange butterfly is called. You can see their long tongue drinking nectar if you double click the photo to enlarge. My garden has agapanthus, jasmine, and lilies which attract hummingbirds and butterflies. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoy, best to you and your loved ones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










13 comments:
I'm in envy of your garden, you grow things that I could only dream of!
I love butterflies! We don't get as many over here in Portugal. Or not as beautiful as the ones flying around in our garden back in Canada. My garden is my pride & joy. One day my husband yanked out the jasmin cuz it got in the way of mowing the lawn. I nearly killed him. My son told him that if he ever pulled a number like that again that I'd divorce him. Luckily, I have jasmin back in the garden and he hasn't come close to it.
RAxx
Beautiful garden. I love having the butterflies in my garden as well.
The orange one is a monarch butterfly. Did you know they only lay their eggs on milk weed plants? It's getting harder and harder for them to find the plants now with all the use of herbacides and their numbers are dwindling. Just another reason to go green.
I love butterflies! We've had a lot of them around lately as well...very pretty, thanks for sharing.
I love butterflies. thanks for sharing.
We rarely ever get butterflies, that's cool.
Oh how beautiful!
Thank you for sharing - I don't get to see butterflies very often.
Very pretty butterflies.
Beautiful garden, and great photography! Butterflies can be tough!
lovely show and tell. I just love butterflies. the photos are quite lovely thanks for sharing.
Those are some awesome pictures. I wish I could grow flowers. I have a black thumb!
What a gorgeous garden and butterflies! It makes me feel very Zen and very relaxed - not at all in my OCD state, LOL! Thanks for taking me away to a relaxing place :-) Hope you had a great weekend and are off to a good week!
Just beautiful (and you know how I love/what a connection I feel with butterflie these days)! Thank you for sharing! Maybe next year I will plant flowers and things that will attract butterflies to my yard?
Post a Comment